Monday, August 30, 2010

Yay tonight!

So JUST TAUGHT MY FIRST EVER OWN CLASS! it was so amazing. A lot of freshmen, and I have three males registered, only two showed, and one is a hyper masculine white male but I really hope he stays--you all know I love a challenge! (P.S. you should've seen his face when I mentioned transpeople, queer people and whiteness hahaha). One student came up to me after class and said that she was so excited--she was like this is the best class ever (in my head I thought--don't put on the pressure now!). But all in all I think they are a good group, and I was really comfortable--mostly because I made fun of myself in front of them A LOT haha. I am really excited, I know it is going to be a lot of time and effort but for the first time in a long time I feel good and feel like I am where I need to be. You all inspire me and I don't think I could do this without you (especially you my roomie).

Yay!

Cristina :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, your enthusiasm is so infectious! You're such a wonderful teacher--you've already given me new ideas for class time exercises, too :o)

    ReplyDelete